Monday, July 28, 2014

"Memories are mapped out by the lines we'll trace."

You're probably wondering why I'm using Bastille lyrics as my title which a very good question. A++ for being inquisitive. I was casually scrolling through Bastille's Twitter about a week ago and...


OMG WHAT??

So I quickly looked to see if there was going to be a concert in Missouri or even Kansas. The answer is no, no there isn't. BUT...


Texas. Interesting. I quickly googled how far away each city was from where I live and Grand Prairie is the closest. Eight hours. That's not bad right? I asked my dad because concerts are usually the thing we do together, and after a couple days of dropping hints, he told me he couldn't afford this one. Needless to say I cried in a movie theater (he called right before a movie, can you say bad timing?). 

Anyway so my mom felt bad and SHE IS TAKING ME TO SEE BASTILLE. I'm sorry, that just needs to be typed in all caps. It's probably a rule somewhere. As if that wasn't the best thing ever, when we were ordering tickets, we found out that we would have to either buy two or four (we were originally going to buy three). So we bought four and now my best friend is coming with us. I cannot express how excited I am to see them. November 8 cannot come soon enough.

So anyway now that I'm done talking about Bastille, on to something else. I emailed Carol Guzy today. There's no telling if/when she will reply since she's on a temporary leave from The Washington Post and I don't know how often she checks her work email.

That's all from me. Updates to come if/when Carol replies.

No comments:

Post a Comment