Friday, March 21, 2014

District Solo

I realize choir has nothing to do with journalism but oh well.

Alright so every time I go to a solo/ensemble contest, I get the toughest judge. EVERY TIME. Today was no different. Every other room, the judges were handing out 1's right and left, and in my room the judge had only given FOUR when it was my turn to go up. Keep in mind that I did my solo at 6:30, so throughout the WHOLE day, that's how many 1's she had given out.

Also, over the past four years I've been doing solos at contests, I would always get really nervous. REALLY nervous. I would lose my voice and shake like crazy and barely be able to sing. Today I told myself that I was not going to do that. I really wanted to go to state because I can't do choir next year.

So it's my turn to go up and sing, and the most miraculous thing happened; I wasn't freaking out. I was a little nervous, but I wasn't so scared that I couldn't sing. In fact, I did really really good, if I do say so myself. And then I MESSED UP THE WORDS. Gah! The good news is, I recovered pretty well.

Anyway, the toughest judge gave me a 2 today, and I will definitely take it. I may not be going to state, but getting a 2 from the judge that was giving a lot of 3's is a pretty great achievement in my book. Plus I still get a medal, so it's not all bad. Well, Auf Weidersehen!

P.S. I'm running on a whopping five hours of sleep, so that's my excuse for why this is so poorly written.

2 comments:

  1. WOO! Great work! What song did you sing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sang "American Lullaby" by Gladys Rich and "The False Prophet" by John Prindle Scott

      Delete