1. I'm a photographer (clearly).
2. I sing. I'm in choir, but I can't do it next year due to scheduling conflicts. I have mixed feelings about that.
3. I play piano. My favorite song to play is Pachelbel's Canon composed by Johann Pachelbel.
4. I tried to teach myself French once. The only sentence I can actually remember is "Parlez-vous francais?"
5. My goal is to go to the University of Missouri and major in journalism.
6. I watch a lot of British television.
7. I do write some. Most of it isn't very good though.
8. My car is TARDIS blue and her name is Bernadette.
|Isn't she a beauty?|
9. English is my favorite subject. But I am pretty good at math and sometimes science.
10. I'm really interested in WWII. I'm not sure why, but any book that takes place in Nazi Germany instantly grabs my attention.
11. The Book Thief is my favorite book. The previous fact may be a small part of why.
12. I also quite love the movie adaption. They did a really great job following the book, and I'm not too upset about the changes they made because it helps people who haven't read the book understand what's happening a little better (although I am sad that they took out the bread scene and the scene where Liesel finds Max in the "parade").
13. New York City is my favorite city.
14. I want to live in London.
15. I'm an anglophile and proud.
16. My room at my dad's house is British themed. I love it.
17. I love my best friend to death, and I definitely wouldn't be here writing this blog or having as much confidence as I do right now without her. She was there for me when I needed her the most.
18. Top five favorite bands: Bastille, Coldplay, Imagine Dragons, Mumford & Sons, and OneRepublic.
19. My favorite song at the moment (because it always changes) is "Icarus" by Bastille.
20. Matt Smith and I have the same birthday.
21. I really enjoy driving to the soundtrack music from Sherlock series three.
22. I like listening to tenors sing. Hence Dan Smith and Chris Martin.
23. I wanted to learn how to play the drums when I was five. I kind of still do.
24. I love harmonizing, but since I'm a soprano, it's sometimes nearly impossible for me to do.
25. The highest note I can sing is a high B. Sometimes a C on a good day.
26. I own the 10th Doctor's sonic screwdriver. I plan on buying the 11th Doctor's one of these days.
27. Matt Smith is my favorite Doctor. He's just so adorable and fun.
28. I love Disney. "The Lion King" is my favorite Disney movie. I even saw it on Broadway a year ago.
29. I don't watch horror films. They're not my cup of tea. I watched "Halloween" a couple years ago (my first and last horror film), and I couldn't go outside in the dark for a good week afterwards. I'm a wimp, I know.
30. I don't have any siblings, so I get really bored at my house.
31. The St. Louis Cardinals are my team.
32. Baseball is a good sport. Much better than football.
33. David Freese was my favorite player on the team, but he left this year. I still proudly wear his jersey though.
34. I have a massive crush on Benedict Cumberbatch. My mom spells his name "Commberbirth" and it cracks me up.
35. Sherlock is an amazing television show. I'm obsessed with it. Don't ask me to choose between it and Doctor Who though, because that is a question that should never be answered.
36. I like dressing up and looking cute when I go out, but the second I get home, you can bet your bottom dollar that I'm changing into sweats and a t-shirt.
37. I'm really OCD about who touches my camera. Pretty much me, my dad, my best friend, and my journalism teacher are the only people allowed to touch it.
38. I said earlier that English is my favorite subject, but it's also my favorite class of the day (besides journalism) because my English teacher is hilarious. We like all the same things (Sherlock, Doctor Who, music, etc).
39. I've never had much self confidence. I've really branched out this year.
40. I've often struggled with social anxiety.
41. I don't like to brag about my grades and school performance.
42. That being said, I really hate it when people insult my intelligence.
43. I'm such a nerd because when we read Edgar Allan Poe or Shakespeare in English, while everyone else is complaining, I'm actually really enjoying it.
44. I was in a play once. I had a really small part so I didn't really like it that much. A month into practices, I was already really bored.
45. "Something I Need" by OneRepublic is one of my jams.
46. I've been to three concerts in my life. Toby Keith, Trace Adkins (I went through a country phase a few years back, glad that's over). and Mumford & Sons last September.
47. I don't go to parties because I'm focusing on keeping my grades and GPA up in high school so that I can get a scholarship. That, and my kind of party is sitting on the couch with a pizza and Sherlock/Doctor Who on the television.
48. I'm not athletic at all, which is why I don't do sports, but I really do like a good run.
49. I can be very sassy and sarcastic. But according to my best friend, "it works for me."
50. My favorite store is American Eagle.
BONUS FACT: I once tried to write a short story about a girl from Alaska who gets stranded on her own in her aunt's house during one of the worst snow storms of the year. It started to sound bad, so I quit writing it. The drafts are lying around my house somewhere. Every once in a while, I'll stumble across them and try revising it again, but then I just get discouraged. It's a vicious cycle.
And done! I hope that wasn't too tedious. I "borrowed" this list thing from Sherlockian because I think it's a good idea. Side note: If you're a fan of BBC Sherlock, you should probably go check out her blog! It's pretty awesome! Until next time.